Star Prairie Fish & Game is a volunteer organization
- Conservation of Habitat, Fish and Wildlife.
- Local Fish, Game, and Habitat Improvement.
- Restoring Fish and Game Populations Through Habitat, Stocking, and Game Release Programs.
- Proper Management of Fish and Wildlife Resources.
- Good Sportsmanship, Safety and Outdoor Ethics.
If you are interested in joining our organization or would like more information about us please see our brochure, call one of our board members, or just email us.
To provide, protect and restore environmentally important land and water areas for fish, game and wildlife that will create recreational opportunities for all ages and abilities for future generations
Who We Are
Star Prairie Fish and Game is a group of local residents that choose to spend a portion of our free time trying to make the local community better. We provide outdoor recreational opportunities for those that might not otherwise have the chance. We provide funding and labor to ensure quality wildlife habitat in the local community. We are a 100% volunteer organization and the funds that we raise go directly to improving the local community.
SPF&G is a 501 c 3 non-profit organization which means contributions are tax deductible
What We Do
- Provide outdoor educational opportunities for local residents
- Conservation Tour
- Senior Pontoon Ride and trout dinner
- Youth hunting, fishing and outdoor skills education
- Development and maintenance of a 63 acre educational facility on the shores of Cedar Lake
- Prairie plantings and restoration
- Public lands improvement
- Build and maintain nesting boxes
- Build fish cribs to improve lake habitat
- Annual scholarship to local student interested in pursuing a career in a conservation related field
- Provide support to organizations involved in conservation projects
Many other activities throughout the year that improve the local community
- 2007 and 2009 Wisconsin Conservation Congress-Outstanding Achievement Award.
- 2005 Wisconsin Wildlife Federation Local Conservation Organization of the Year.
- 2004 Wisconsin Conservation Congress Local Conservation Club of the Year.
- Created and developed River Island Park along the shore of the Apple River in the village of Star Prairie.
How We Raise Funds
Our primary source for funding is through our Buck’s Night Event held every year on the 3rd Monday in November. Many local businesses and individuals sponsor the event.
In addition we receive funds from individuals that are committed to preserving the outdoors.
Star Prairie Fish & Game
P.O. Box 42
Star Prairie, WI. 54026
Scan this QR Code with your Smartphone and save in your contact list.